SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA (deadline Thursday 26 Oct 2017)
NATIVE DUTCH SPEAKING (assistant/associate) professor
of Department of Dutch
Hankuk University of Foreign Studies,
Seoul, South Korea
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org TEL: 82 (0)2 2173 2288
1. Position: NATIVE DUTCH SPEAKING (assistant/ associate) professor in Dutch Area Studies
We expect that he/she
- is a native speaker
- is able to teach ‘Dutch area studies’ subjects (e.g. Dutch International Relations, Dutch Cultural history, Dutch Current Issues etc.)
- helps with Dutch language practices (speaking & writing)
- has a PhDdiploma. Or a MA-Diploma with teaching experiences
- is able to publish (at least) one academic article per year.
- helps with administrative work and cultural activities for the department etc.
2. Contract Period: March 1, 2018 – February 28, 2019 (The contract may be extended every 1 year)
1) Theory Faculty (teaching theoretical subjects)
In order to be qualified as a member of the Theory Faculty, the faculty member should be either (i) one who has been, by the commencement of employment at the University, a member of a full-time faculty for two years or more at a university or college in the country where the language concerned is spoken, or (ii) one who has a doctoral degree, speaks the standard variety of the language, and is deemed qualified to teach at the University.
Full Professor : 5,236,000 KRW (Korean Currency)
Associate Professor : 4,668,100 KRW
Assistant Professor : 1) 4,082,100 KRW, 2) 3,498,600 KRW
(*Depending on his or her former educational and teaching experiences either 1) or 2) will apply.)
3) Minimum load of teaching hours
– Language Faculty should teach a minimum of eight hours a week.
4) Airfare Support : One-way airplane ticket from (departure) to Seoul (economy class for the faculty member and his/her spouse only)
5) Accommodations : Dormitory for foreign faculty members(single/family size)
More details on Teaching Conditions will be announced after the selection procedure.
3. How to apply:
Candidates should send the following documents prior to Thursday 26 October 2017 to Department of Dutch email@example.com TEL: 82 (0)2 2173 2288
1. Cover Letter (in Dutch)
2. Resume (CV) in English
3. Research/publications list in English (if applicable)
4. Copy of passport
Laat een reactie achter