- Narrating change of cultural practices and dissenting voices
- Narration of social change and the imaginative
- Narrating change and changing narrative in literature and the arts
- Changing relationships between text and image in the pictorial arts
- Changing linguistic norms and status of language varieties
- Translation as a process of change and transformation
- Narrating change emerging from studies of lexis, semantics, pragmatics and syntax
We invite both individual contributions (20-minute presentations which will be followed by 10 minutes of discussion) and proposals for fully constituted panels. Panel conveners are invited to suggest a 90-minutes themed panel of three speakers. We specifically invite postgraduate students and a number of full bursaries are available. The primary criterion for selection will be the quality of the proposal, not its strict connection to the conference theme.