A dynamic, interpersonal, and inspiring professional, with a passion for helping people grow.
Saba reach Foundation
With the aim to facilitate sustainable employment within the labor market, Saba Reach Foundation (SRF) seeks to create and provide social and educational opportunities meant to enhance the personal and professional development of adult residents of Saba with a distance to the labor market.
SRF is a non-profit organization consisting of three social/educational departments: the social workplace, the Replay program, and adult education.
In order to facilitate more opportunities for residents of Saba, a program which encourages the community to be proficient in Dutch is necessary.
Our organization is a growing organization and is currently in the process of developing itself further to ensure to reach those who need it. We expect flexibility from you in order to grow with the organization and its needs.
We are currently looking for a Dutch as second language Teacher (capable of teaching level A1 to level C1) in order to have classes for children and adults (separately) and will report to the team leader Education. The teacher will be responsible for creation of lesson plans, exams and grading amongst other things.
Are you the person we are looking for?
- Do you want to work in an organization where different perspectives are being valued and respected? Where we cater to all Saban people no matter their background, believes and preferences.
- Are you a people person who enjoys working with different people?
- Are you a real team-player, who is continuously looking for ways to improve, for creative solutions and do you encourage other ideas so that we can adapt and innovate?
- Do you want to keep developing yourself as a person and professional?
- Do you find honesty and transparency important? But do you understand the importance of confidentiality?
- Are you someone who doesn’t give up when it gets difficult?
- Are you trustworthy?
- Do you have an eye for detail? Are you organized and structured? Are you able to plan and work with deadlines?
- Do you like taking initiative?
- Are you reliable, responsible and do you take ownership?
- Do you see yourself as a role model?
What you will do
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Teaching Dutch (levels A1 to C1) to adults and children
- Ensuring a pleasant and safe learning environment
- Consulting with Team Lead for Adult Language Education
- Planning activities which promote using Dutch
- Responsible for attendance lists
- Creating lesson plans, curriculum and examinations
- Grading of assignments and examinations
Visit our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/SabaReach for more information on Saba Reach Foundation and our programs and activities
Candidates are requested to submit applications by 2023 to the Saba Reach Director
We are particularly interested in your motivation, and experience.